Friday, April 22, 2011

as I recall

While I was looking at a friend's photo album, who is staying in Loughborough, photos of blue bells in spring....
I remembered while I was in Twickenham, daffodils were everywhere during spring season. Then I recall......
It was way back in 1999,when I was studying in St.Mary's University College, in Literature Class by Mike Connelly.
We were learning about 'Haiku' one day.
'Haiku' is a traditional form of Japanese poetry.
'Haiku' poems consist of 3 lines and normally the first and last lines of 'Haiku' have 5 syllables and the middle line has 7 syllables (as 5-7-5). The line rarely rhyme.
Mike asked us to compose a 'Haiku' and I did mine.

"Daffodils are nice,
How about buttercups sir?
Pretty, pretty nice."

Mike and my classmates loved my 'Haiku' :)


Daffodils

buttercup

No comments:

Post a Comment